Pages

Monday, 4 February 2013

The Early Bird

I was working in London, Ontario today and a friend recommended a restaurant for lunch called The Early Bird.  I'm angry I didn't take a picture of the meal but was it ever tasty!  This is a place to go when you have a large appetite, I wasn't as hungry as I thought I was and couldn't come close to eating it all.  They have a great menu, such a wide range of choices and vegan/veg options as well!

Walking in to the diner I was automatically in love with the decor.  Bright, fun, punk vibe!  The walls are pink with bright art work plastered all over them.  Check out the photo I took of their Elvis/Kiss record wall - so fun.

They have an all day breakfast menu so of course I chose from this section.  I had the "Toad in a hole", which was an egg sandwich on fresh toasted bread topped with tempura avocado, tomato, arugula and goat cheese.  Yumm yumm yumm!  I recommend this for sure, I had a side of fresh fruit to top it all off.  When they served the meal the top of the bread had a hole cut in it where the egg was - hence the name :)  Great food, great service - definitely recommend.

Elvis/Kiss wall of records
Image of menu from The Early Bird's Facebook page


No comments:

Post a Comment