Pages

Friday, 2 November 2012

Nova Scotia

A week ago I visited the eastern province of Nova Scotia for the first time. What a beautiful place! It was a bit chilly but I do love the ocean. I started in Sydney, a beautiful town in Cape Breton, and from there drove to Halifax and finished in Kentville area.  I think Halifax was my favourite location, maybe because it was too cold to be outdoors. 

 
In Halifax I stayed right downtown and ate fresh seafood at some really great restaurants.  I had a seafood gratin at McKelvie's that was amazing, along with a glass of local wine.  I also ate at a place called The Economy Shoe Shop which had a wonderful atmosphere as well as good food and local beer.  While I was eating there I heard some live music coming from near by which I decided to check out!  I went to a nearby bar called the Seahorse Tavern where a local girl named Mo Kenney was hosting her CD release party.  Great music and it was really nice to see her large local fan base out to support her.

 
After Halifax I went up to the Bay of Fundy and took a peek at the tides.  It was really neat but again, the weather kind of took a toll on the sight seeing.  When I was in the area I ate at an absolutely amazing restaurant called The Union Street Cafe and The Wick Pub.  Located in Berwick, NS, this little restaurant and cafe was exactly what I was looking for!  Everything in the place was local and fresh.  Even the dessert was to die for.  Definitely a must try when in Nova Scotia.
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment